Carissa Wolfe is co-owner of Benmar Farm Pty Ltd, an organic 120-cow dairy on the Mid North Coast of NSW, established in 2013. She has been involved in organics, both in Australia and in Oregon, USA since 2004, including specialising in alternative ruminant health.
In Oregon, Carissa co-owned a farm support business, providing:
- financial management services
- small business management accounting, training and support
- accounting systems implementation
- professional bookkeeping
- internal audit
- governance, policy and human resources
- ruminant health training for new farmers
- herd recording, livestock reproduction support, and other support services.
Carissa's prior professional background includes:
- financial systems development
- database administrator for the management accounting group at one of the top 3 banks in the USA
- payroll, benefit client support and policy audit with a human resources outsourcing firm