Become a member of the independent peak body which represents the interests of all certified organic operators in government forums and industry initiatives.
There are two categories of membership—Full Membership for certified organic operators and Associate Membership for others.Foundation Memberships are also available for a limited time.
Membership options and eligibility
|Full Members||Associate Members|
|Eligibility||Must be a current Certified Organic Operator||
A supporter by way of financial assistance, provision of professional services, or other non-cash assistance to the organisation
|Membership rights||Full voting rights||
No voting rights
Foundation memberships are available only for a limited time. Foundation members have the same rights and obligations as ordinary members, but are recognised on our website and may also receive other additional benefits from time to time. Any member can become a Foundation member you don't have to be an organic operator. Foundation memberships are a great way for our members to make a larger financial contribution to our organisation.
The objectives of Organic Industries of Australia Ltd are to:
- facilitate an organic industry which has an authoritative voice that enhances the fortunes of all Australian certified organic operators, through advocacy, education and transparent representation
- improve the competitiveness of certified organic operators through effective advocacy to governments, with industry stakeholders, and in respect of research and development
- promote the integrity of certified organic productions systems
- promote industry development and educate producers and consumers in respect of certified organic production
- facilitate collaboration across supply chains and improve domestic and export market access for certified organic operators
- promote widespread uptake of sustainable farming systems and markets based on organic principles and imbued with a culture of innovation, of progressive improvement towards best practice, of transparent integrity, of inclusive collaboration, of holistic systems, and of true value pricing
Three ways to join
- Complete the online application (link)
Full details of the eligibility, rights and obligations of members are set out in the Constitution (link).
For new memberships accepted between 1 March and 30 June, the Subscription that is paid will count as payment in full of the Subscription for the following year.