Dalene is the Managing Director of OBE Beef Pty Ltd, a successful farmer-owned organic beef business, where she is driving change, innovation and digital adoption in the Australian beef industry.
To progress OBE’s Asian and Middle East expansion, Dalene relocated to Beijing and then Hong Kong between 2009 and 2015, building strong relationships and markets for OBE, while helping to further enhance the profile and reputation of the Australian beef industry offshore.
Dalene is the recipient of awards which recognise her commitment to innovation and the agriculture industry, including:
- Chief Executive Women—Austrade ‘Women in Export Scholarship’ to Harvard Business School
- Queensland Country Life ‘Beef Achiever of the Year’ Award (the first woman in the award’s history)
- Advance Award—Food & Agribusiness
She has been recognised as a global leader in her field by being invited by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation to visit Mongolia in 2017 and advise on the development of a Mongolian organic beef industry.
Dalene also invests her time as:
- Telstra Queensland Regional Advisory Committee member
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade—Deputy Chair of the Council for Australian-Arab Relations
- Australian Meat Industry Council—Chair of the Communications & Advocacy Industry Reference Committee
- Australian Meat Industry Council—Meat Business Women Committee member
- Department of Agriculture—Halal Consultative Committee member
Dalene is an effective communicator and shares her ideas and views openly on Twitter and LinkedIn.