Market access project
|We are seeking industry partners to co-fund this project. The advantage to you is that the Australian Government will match your contribution, so you may only pay half the cost!|
The Australian organic sector lacks a coordinated export strategy to leverage potential export growth and direct efforts to where there will be greatest comparative advantage.
The aim is to improve strategic and organisational capacity in export market knowledge and access for Australia’s organics industry. The project comprises a suite of initiatives to leverage the strong fundamentals for growth and international demand, with a view to focussing efforts in target export markets where there is greatest comparative advantage.
The project outputs are to:
- develop a Market Knowledge Report identifying strategic target markets for Australian commodities
- deliver a pilot Market Guide for how the organic industry can differentiate their products in competitive export markets
- provide analysis of the Market Readiness—assess and identify the export market readiness of the organic sector
- deliver a mid-term and a final project evaluation
The related activities required to support the project outputs include:
- development of a capability in an industry peak body to facilitate growth in organic exports
- work with Government agencies to improve the data available for quantitative analysis of organic exports by volume and value for disaggregated commodities and target markets
- development of a 5 year Australian Organics Industry Exports Strategy, including priorities, encompassing target markets by commodity, country and region to align government, industry and commercial efforts
- an Industry Summit to present the exports strategy, followed by an industry consultation process
The Australian Government will provide a grant of up to $100,000 including GST to fund the project outputs. The grant funding needs to be matched by industry contributions to the project outputs and the related activities.